SCW: Squared Circle Wrestling

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Squared Circlle Wrestling. Here, at SCW, we take pride in running an active and competant federation. We are taking our name global and stealing the show!

Role Play Guidelines

Role Play Guidelines 10-93
    "Dangerous" Justin Payne

Role Play Guidelines Empty Role Play Guidelines

Post  "Dangerous" Justin Payne Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:30 pm

Here is a Role-Play Guide Shane Sebastian so kindly Copied and Pasted from his other fed xD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For SCW to be a truly great Federation. We need great RP. This helps us to develop solid storylines, and most importantly it helps us all have fun. So here is some info on RPing properly and respectfully...

NO GOD-MODING

God Mode is simply when you take control of others. There are only three times this is acceptable:

1) You are GM or working under the GM's orders.

2) You have specific permission from that person.

3) Partnerships. If you are a part of a team or a faction you may do basic controls such as having them to accompany you. Try not to speak for them, or have them performing complex actions such as attacking, or requesting matches.

RESPECT OTHER CHARACTERS

If you are RPing respect the character of those you RP with. Example:

Mongo watches as Uncle Sam makes his way to the ring. He argues with the fans and threatens a couple. Mongo jumps out and attacks him viciously, and tosses him over the barrier where the fans join the attack.

There are two major issues here:

1) I was God Moding, by controlling Sam's character.

2) I was completely misusing his character. His character is a face, and a role model so he would never be interacting with the fans in such a way.

Good Example:

Mongo hides as Uncle Sam makes his way to the ring. He growls angrily as he hears the fans loud applause. Waiting for the proper moment when Sam is facing away he jumps out like a coward and attacks him viciously from behind.

Here I avoided controlling Sam's actions and kept it general. Then I stuck with the fact he is a face by the positive crowd reaction.

Avoid Chair Bashing

I have been actively involved with 2 federations in this game, and 8 to 10 in another game (running one myself) and nothing is more annoying then this when you RP. It is the person who idea of RP is bashing someone with a chair every time they have a feud. Physical attacks are okay, but need to be used sparingly or as part of a story.

This will be done with certain restrictions:

1) No injuries. We will not break bones, or put someone out of action. This will only happen if there is a pre-arranged storyline between the parties involved.

2) It will be creative. Not just grabbing a ball bat and randomly hitting people.

3) It will be true to character. For the DC this means attacks will be cowardly and sneaky.

4) Do not use it just to show you are dominate. An attack on someone who doesn't know it is coming is both cowardly and a good sign of weakness.

Put Effort into Role Play

Bad RP:

Mongo rushes up and shoves Amira. I want to fight for the Title.

Good RP:

The lights in the arena beign to flash in brilliant colors. Creepy carnival music begins to play. The crowd boos when they realize the Demented Circus is on their way. Mongo and Mistress Suzette make their way to the ring, sneering and arguing with the fans.

In the ring, Suzette grabs the mic and waits for the boos to subside before speaking.

Suzette: Shut up! Respect me or go home.

Once again she must wait for the boos to subside.

Suzette: I am tired of this disrespect. Not only from you losers, but from our so called leader. AminRa... I demand that you give Mongo the title shot he deserves.

The first RP is short and lacks any real interest. But with the second I try to build the scene a bit and give some storyline to it, while building on my characters.

Things that can help make solid RPs:

1)Gimmick. A solid gimmick for your wrestler gives you a guide for RPs. Mongo likes to sneak. So he will often sneak upon someone and speak. He then bolts as quickly as he can.

2)Spelling, and writing skills. Try to do your best with this. Use punctuation, and space out a bit for easier reading.

3)Added Elements. SCW has its own announcers. Use them. You can also use the environment, build the entrance, or even use valets/managers to deepen the RP.

4)Length. Sometimes a short RP is ok. Just make it quality. But trying to avoid always using single sentence RPS.

5)Color Coding. As in the RP above create a scheme to denote parts of you RP. Use red when Anna speaks, blue when Kevin speaks, and brown when Jacob speaks. I also use bold showing the person who is speaking, and italics to represent actions.

6)Work together. Sometimes communicating with who you are RPing with you can set the full scenario so you can both RP appropriately.

Build your character

Who is your character? What are his goals? How is he dressed? Is he a heel* or face*?

By knowing these things you can build stronger RPs suited to your character. Here are some tips to building a strong RP character.

1)Know the basics. Looks, heel or face, behaviors, where they are from all help you to decide how that person will deal with situations.

2)Create unique traits. Kevin is an asshole. Jacob is very optimistic and often hits Kevin in very unique ways (i.e. hit with e Big Gulp, or with a mic, etc.). Anna is very naive and bubbly, like Maria from WWE. I can always play off these traits for stronger RPs.

3)Create a background. I am a writer in real life. Prior to writing I like to create a back-story for my characters. This allows me to connect better with them and how they would act in situations.

4)Deepen your character with additional elements. Create a valet, or manager that suits your character and use them in your RP. Create your own locker room, and furnish it to fit you. Find ways to set up the scenes you want.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now that is the guide. I may add more later. Anyone with anything to add feel free. For now though a quick note:

If you do not speak English as a first language then ask for help! I am sure one of us would be willing to help. Send the person your RP and we can help work out any issues.

Some people here are mis-using the English language, making it hard and boring to read the RP's.

I got high hopes for this fed so I hope people read and learn.

Heel*: Antagonist. Everyone hates him except for fellow Heels.
    Face*: Protagonist. Everyone loves him except for Heels.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:06 am